Top Tips to Get Comfortable in Front of a Video Camera
It’s important that the stars in our video productions feel as comfortable as possible before we roll. As experienced videographers, we can offer encouraging words, provide perfect lighting, and a well thought out script but at the end of the day, it helps that anyone chosen to go in front of the camera has a natural confidence to truly shine.
Unless you’re a flawless, professional actor or spokesperson, we completely understand that a few takes might be needed to get the video just right.
To help make the process less stressful for you, we’ve assembled our top tips to get more comfortable in front of the video camera during your big moment:
- This isn’t 20/20 and no one is interrogating you. If you’ve been asked to do an interview style of video, ask for the questions ahead of time so you can prepare.
- Get your full 8 hours of Zzz’s. When you feel good, you look good.
- Wear solid colours; limit white clothing, loud patterns, and stripes.
- Have your makeup professionally done by someone experienced with the film industry.
- Leave jewelry at home. You’ll be asked to take them off if they cause clanging or scratchy noises.
- Visit the washroom or find a mirror to make sure everything is in place. Don’t forget to check for spinach in the teeth.
- Fix your collar, comb your hair, wipe away any nervous sweat and as your last defense, ask the cameraman how you look.
- Make sure you that you’re familiar with the script. If it is a pre-recorded project and you need to pause to collect your thoughts, don’t be afraid to ask for it.
- If you have an iPad or tablet, download a free teleprompter app and practice with it before the big day.
- Record your voice. Nobody likes the sound of their voice except for James Earl Jones. However, hearing your voice will not only help you get used to it but it will point out anything you may want to improve.
- Trust your professionals at Ambient Film Productions to make you look and sound your very best with awesome lighting, quality sound engineering, and skilled editing.
Follow these tips and your finished video will impress both you and your future audience. Work with the pros at Ambient Film Productions for the ultimate video experience on your next project. Contact us to get started!